Here are a handful of ways to continue to whiten and protect your investment in your new sparkle:
1. Avoid any potentially staining foods and agents. This can be coffee, tea, blueberries, red wine, tomato based products.
2. Continue to maintain your new level of whitenness with take home gels. This can be done with our custom fit bleaching trays or even the OTC Crest White Strips work great.
3. Don't be fooled by products labelled as a teeth whitening product. The ADA can say that something is considered a whitening agent if it cleans the teeth in any way. Your toothbrush can be a whitening agent following this standard.
4. Electric toothbrushes. Most efficacious against stain, gum disease and tooth decay.
5. Charcoal toothpastes. They bind the stain and lift it off the tooth. Be careful not to scrub too hard, it can be very abrasive.
6. Bleaching Pens. We offer a pen that looks like a highlighter that you can take with you on the go to paint the whitening agent on your teeth to brighten you up in a pinch.
7. See you dentist every 3-6 months to be evaluated for tooth decay, gum disease or any other condition that could cause discoloration of the teeth and may be related to another issue.